Badminton South Africa has developed a talent pathway that details the progression for any badminton player from entering the sport through to any potential future involvement in its international representation programmes.
Efforts are made to provide opportunities for as many players as possible at lower levels/younger ages of the High-Performance Programme. As players increase in age and ability, opportunities and squad places are fewer and expectations are higher.
The Badminton South Africa strategic plan has identified several key objectives for the High-Performance space.
The key objectives are:
- Develop a World-Class daily training environment.
- Ensure culture enables and contributes towards Badminton South Africa’s performance targets.
- Establish a Development Squad to fast-track players of colour.
- Develop a National Training Centre.
- Establish a world-class high-performance coach environment.
The diagram below offers a representation of the broader High-Performance system.